Scope of this Policy
This Policy explains how Securegistry Pty Ltd (“ eGuarantee“) (“ we / us“) collects, discloses, uses and holds your personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect information about you when you interact with us, for example, when you email or phone us or visit www.eguarantee.com.au (“ Website”) or when you request or use our products or services, including creating an account with us (“ Account”), which can be accessed via our Website or mobile application (“ App”).
If you do not provide us with your personal information we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, communicate with you or respond to your enquiries and you will not be able to create an Account.
For each individual who registers to create an Account, we will collect your user name, email address, mobile telephone number and password and any other personal information which you are required to provide as part of the registration process from time to time.
In respect of each individual guarantee which is provided to us, we will need to collect the names and email addresses of a guarantor contact and a tenant contact.
When you use our Website or App, we may collect information about how you access, use and interact with the Website or App. This information may include:
- the location from which you have come to the Website and the pages you visited; and
- technical data, which may include your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access the Website or App, device attributes, browser type, language operating system and location data.
We may also collect other kinds of personal information from you where you have authorised us to do so, where we have provided further information in a collection statement or where we are permitted to do so by law.
Do we collect personal information from third parties?
We will collect most personal information directly from you when you interact with us. However, we may collect personal information about you from your bank, your employer or your landlord (if you are employed by a tenant).
We may also collect information from publicly available sources.
If you provide any personal information to us about another person, you must:
- have the consent of that person to provide such information to us; and
Why do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information so that we can:
- identify you and provide you with an Account, if applicable;
- provide you with products and services, and manage our relationship with you;
- contact you, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints, or if we need to tell you something important;
- comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- send you emails and SMSs regarding products and services which you use.
We may also use personal information about you for other purposes which we will notify to you at or around the time the personal information is collected.
We may use your personal information to identify and tell you about products or services offered by us that we think may be of interest to you. Such marketing communications may be sent by email or other electronic means.
If you no longer want to receive direct marketing, you can contact us using the details below, or by following the instructions provided in the email or other electronic communication to unsubscribe.
Who do we disclose your personal information to and why?
We may disclose personal information to our external service providers so that they may perform services for us or on our behalf. This may include:
- providers of ICT services, including hosting and support services;
- other companies associated in a transfer or potential transfer of all or part of our business or assets;
- professional advisors including lawyers, accountants and auditors; and
- law enforcement agencies that may assist in the prevention of crime or fraud.
Currently, we do not disclose your personal information to recipients which are located outside Australia. However, this may change from time to time as new products and services are used by us.
How do we hold and store your personal information?
We implement and maintain processes and security measures to protect personal information which we hold from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Our security safeguards include:
- employing end-to-end SSL encryption;
- the use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored;
- requiring all employees to comply with internal information security policies and keep information secure;
- requiring all employees to complete training about information security; and
- monitoring and regularly reviewing our practices against our own policies and against industry best practice.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for the purposes for which it was collected or for any secondary purpose permitted by law.
Access to and correction of your personal information
You may access or request correction of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. Our contact details are set out below. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information.
If you have an Account, you will also be able to access and update some of your personal information, such as your email address and name, yourself by accessing your Account.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material).
We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you remains accurate, up to date and complete.
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your personal information, you should contact us. Our contact details are set out below.
We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.
If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or concerns, please contact us at:
Telephone: 1300 561 804
You may obtain a copy of our current policy from our Website or by contacting us at the contact details above.